We want YOU to come work for us!
We are currently on the hunt for an enthusiastic, part-time, addition to our amazing team. This part-time position involves ringing through sales, shelving books, ordering and researching books, closing duties, and helping out with general tidying and maintenance around the store. This is not a seasonal position, we are looking for someone who can commit into the busy holiday season.
What do we look for in a Book Warehouse employee?
* A passion for books. This may seem like a no brainer but it is crucial if you want to work here. Our staff consists of voracious readers across a wide variety of genres. You don't have to have read everything under the sun (we sure haven't!) but you do need to have a general love of books and reading from paper books.
* Enthusiasm and an upbeat attitude. You will be dealing with people. A lot. So you need to be able to interact with customers in a friendly manner! (we have some pretty amazing customers so it does make our job easy!)
* Good computer skills. You don't need to have an engineering degree to work here but you do need to feel comfortable working fast and effectivly with computers. If you have experience working with BookManager that is an added bonus
* Previous retail experience. This is not a must but it is a definite asset.
* Physically able. Despite what film and television tells you, we do not sit around all day reading books behind the counter. This is a physical job where you will be on your feet most of the day lifting boxes of books, stooping and kneeling to shelve products, and walking around helping customers.
Please see Caitlin (the manager) in-person with a resume and cover letter, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.