Holiday Ordering Tips
Hello booklovers! It may seem a little silly to post a holiday ordering update at the beginning of September but this is such an unusual year and we have experienced so much supply disruption we want to give you clear information as early as possible. Below find some our top tips to avoid disappointment in the gift-giving rush;
1. Order Early! Our suppliers continue to experience significant slowdowns and ordering ahead gives us more time to help you if a book goes out of stock. This is especially true if you have a specific title in mind for a particular friend or relative.
2. Pre-shop our website before you visit! We update our website every day with new stock and will be keeping our main page fresh with the best hand-picked selections for gifting. We offer a 'pay at pickup' option if you want to continue browsing in store.
3. Always put books you want in your cart and order them, even if you plan to pay at pickup! When you order books through the webstore it reserves them for you so no one else can buy them before you get to the store.
4. Shop before lunch or midafternoon! As you know we have had to limit the number of customers in our store to 5 at one time. Our busiest hours are 11:30 to 1PM and 4PM to 6, shopping outside of those times reduces your wait time. We will be offering extended hours in December as well to accomodate the higher volume of traffic.
5. Pick up at the curb! If you have ordered through the website or we have emailed you to let you know that a special order has arrived you can pick up your books at the door without waiting in line to browse! Simply come straight to our door or call us from your vehicle parked outside and we will bring the books up to you.
6. Email us for help or recommendations! Sometimes you need help finding the perfct gift for your eight-year-old nephew or favourite aunt and we totally understand that the website can't answer all your questions. Send us an email at email@example.com and we will hand select titles according to your need.
We appreciate all of you and know that together we can get through this challenging time. Thanks for sticking with us!